Two months of Yoga and Meditation on location in an under-resourced or vulnerable community.
YOGIS IN RESIDENCE
One year of weekly Yoga and Meditation in an under-resourced or vulnerable community.
Offering the tools teachers need to share practice across social boundaries at no fee.
HOW WE WORK
- There is no cost to the organizations we serve or the students that practice. Yes. We said that.
- We pay all of our Karma Project teachers for their teaching time so they are supported and the offering is sustainable.
- We don't limit our service to one specific demographic or population.
- All of our teachers are sharing practice with communities they have a direct connection with based on personal life experience and passion.
- United We Om teachers have all completed our Karma Yoga Teacher Training, which we offer at no cost, so they are equipped with tools to share practice across social boundaries and with a trauma informed method.
- Karma Projects happen "on location" so that students can experience practice in a safe and familiar place. These locations include Foster Care facilities, VAs and shelters for example.